Monday, December 5, 2016

Pueblo Abajo

It's come to an end. My time here in tamayo is over! It's very sad actually. I've grown very attached to the people here and I don't want to leave. I wanted to go to the temple with everyone and see them make covenants and do everything they've been waiting for for a long time. Oh well! It's like this alot of the time for all missionaries at one point or another. I've been called to serve in Azua, a different zone in an area called Pueblo Abajo. All I've heard about Azua is that its the hottest part of the country sooooo that will be fun! Work on my farmers tan a little while walking in the street😂

So now that it's OFFICIALLY December, we can now bring out the Christmas music, those of you who brought it out after Halloween need to repent😂
Since this is the season of family and love and of Christ, I'd just like to share a conversation I had with my wonderful mother. So she's been called as a primary teacher and they had a lesson on the atonement. And she tells me she just asked one question. "Why did Christ die for us?" And the answer they gave was simple, but very sweet. "It's because he loves us"

But yes the message is clear. Christ died because he loves us. I've found myself testifying of him more and more every lesson I teach. That because he loves us and wants the best for us like any older brother would, he put his own life down to lift us up. I love my older brother. And I want to be more like him.

I hope everyone has a great week and a great start to your Christmas holiday! Enjoy the pictures of all the people in my branch/group :)
Elder Larkin







No comments:

Post a Comment