Monday, November 28, 2016

Killin It / 15 Months

With 9 months to go my mission seems to be coming to an end. TOO FAST. I cant even handle it. The only way I can explain it is like a mountain. Its good and hard going up, and you feel good. Then you look back down where you came from, and say, that wasnt that bad, and then you go down the other side of the mountain, but this time its hard to slow down because its steep so youre just basically sprinting the whole way down. And I think by the bottom of my "mountain" it'll feel like half the time it took to get to the middle point. I dont know thats how I've been imagining it. And we talk alot about "the mountain"alot in the mission. Goals and whatnot.

Oh yeah, HAPPY THANKSGIVING/BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY! haha I must say my thanksgiving was less than satisfying. We were working all day and I didnt even realize it was thanksgiving until it was 9:30 at night when we got home. I was super tired and had to debate on whether or not I was even going to eat dinner, but then I decided to make myself an empanada and drink a weird rootbeer thing they have here called "mabĂ­ de bejuco indio" So thanksgiving was "eh" for me but still good cause I taught people the true restored gospel that day. :)

In Tamayo, Macho, (my shirtless friend) was called as the president of the group. I am very happy for him, he is super faithful and He'll do a great job. I attached a picture of him in his white shirt and tie below. Haha the changes people make when they hear truth right?

But me and my companion are doing really really well with the new people we are finding and it'll continue like that! Also Saturday ill find out if im leaving my area or not. Ive been here for 4 1/2 months and thats about the max for people in Tamayo. we'll see though!!

Love you all! Have a nice start to your holiday season!
Elder Larkin









No comments:

Post a Comment