New stuff to say:
- I have a very tough time thinking in English now and its quite annoying that I cant think of alot of words in English. Its also really strange how Im basically useless if I want to pray in English as well. I just feel uncomfortable and I just convert back into spanish half the time.
- I have to tell you guys about the transport system here in the south. So firstly we have to wait at a corner to wait for some random half bus half mini mini van (2 minis because its REALLY small) to come pick us up, they just fly around the corner going as fast as that tiny little lawn mower engine can take them (pretty fast actually, and its not really a lawn mower engine.) After that we start driving for a little, picking more people up. Then we stop so the driver can go do some errands. Then again when some people want some juice from people who make juice and put it in a plastic soda bottle. And when the guagua is full, as in FULL to where my face is smashed against the window, we finally just go to where we are headed. Its quite an adventure haha.
- Some people arent as nice as we'd like them to be. Sometimes when we are trying to hitchhike to the next town, we wait for a good long while for people to pick us up. The longest so far was about an hour. The other day, some dude slowed down, acting like he was gonna let us hop in the back of his truck, then he flipped us off, and sped away. Me and my companion were very confused because that is such an uncommon and "american" thing to do.
Also we are working with a bunch of people and we are working on getting a couple married here! Fun stuff :)
Anyways! I hope everyone had an awesome week as I did! Dont forget to send me pictures!!!
1. Me and my companion Elder McDonald
2. The District
3. A cool wall art thing that says "Its love!" "God"
4. Elder McDonald hitching a ride with a plantain driver