Monday, February 8, 2016

Vida latina (Latin Life)

Woah woah woah. First new companion incoming. His name is Elder Rodelo. He's from Mexico. And he's going to be awesome. Oh, one more thing... I have more time in the mission than he does. He got to the MTC 2 weeks before I left it. It's pretty nuts and I was a little concerned for about 5 minutes. 

Then I realized something. Who am I to be worried, concerned, or to question who I am set up with? God knows what is best for me, he knows what is best for all of us. He knew when was the right time to restore this gospel in its fullness. He knows who his prophets are. He knows what is best for his church. He knows who I am. He knows what I am meant to do in this life. He knows who each and every one of us are, personally, our literal Father in Heaven. At times I think we forget that. We are his children and I know that he has a plan for all of us in this life; as of now I am doing my best I can to fulfill that, being here away from my family to teach others, or, 'my other family'. This work is important. How different would this world be if everyone knew that they have a purpose, that they are known, and that even if everything goes wrong, or if they mess up big, that SOMEONE loves them and is still rooting for them, as he always has and always will. This has been a big mind changer for me. I've gotten excited to get up every morning to go out in the hot sun all day to work and to just change at least someones life for the better. It's my motivation. It should be everyone else's to.


Anyways! We've got a LOT of stuff planned for this longer transfer (7 weeks) and it's going to be hard, yet fulfilling. I'm very excited! This past week has gone by slow I'm gonna say that. With Elder Empey leaving we've done a lot of visiting and taking pictures and it's made it a little hard for me cause he has like 6 months left while I still have 18 1/2. I'm ready though to forget the world and get to work with Elder Rodelo.

Love you all! Thanks for your support!

Elder Bryson Larkin


No comments:

Post a Comment