Monday, November 7, 2016

Baptisms, Dominoes, and Service

Yet another full week! So first off on Wednesday instead of watching a movie like we normally do the branch decided to play dominoes with everyone! Now I dont wanna brag, but I am pretty good at how dominicans play dominoes. Its a little different than normal. But there were a bunch of people there and It was really fun! The tournament started, and because we were SO lucky we played some of the old people who have been playing dominoes for 40+ years. So needless to say we lost. Elder Holder somehow got into the semi-finals. After he told me, "haha half the time I was just putting pieces down." PSHHH.

On Saturday, we had a service project near the hospital. Since the hurricane, every time it rains here the streets fill up with mud. Its really bothersome to the people who live near it and we decided that for the national day of service we should all go out and clear some mud and weeds and stuff like that. It was very hot and sweaty, but it was fun and worth it. Some people even came out and thanked us for clearing it out because they were either "too old or too lazy" (thats what they said, not my words) to do it themselves. After that we headed back to the church to fill up the baptismal font and prepare for that.

We had our baptism service at 6:00pm and it was really special. The 2 youth both asked me to baptize them, and It was very spiritual and uplifting. The church really can change the lives of people and their families. Its a pleasure to be apart of everything thats happening here in Vicente Noble. I know I've said it alot, but its true. We've had a lot of success in these last few weeks. 8 Baptisms and there are still 2 more planned for this month. 

I hope everyone enjoys the many pictures I took (especially you Mom😁) and I hope everyone had a good week!
Love y'all! 
Elder Larkin



















No comments:

Post a Comment