Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Jungle/Beach Adventures

So okay I'm on today!! and I've got a lot to catch up on!

So as for missionary work. It's going very very good! We are teaching some really awesome people and its really really good! I've learned that this is the ONLY gospel that really makes any sense and when other people realize it it's just so amazing to see how fast their lives change! We are going to have a baptism in 3 weeks and his name is Ronelby. Hes 13 years old and he is just so awesome. He's shared the gospel with his family and they are already talking to him as if he was LDS all his life. His dad even asked us what his son would do on his mission!! This kid isn't even baptized yet :) Its very very cool. Another is named Jose Miguel. Hes 15 years old and this kid is TALLER than, you guessed it, just about anyone I've ever seen. He's like 6'6'' or something like that. But this kid is GOLDEN. We met him one day at his grandma's house, (she's a recent convert.) And we were talking with her and her grandson was just sponging all this knowledge up. At the end we asked him if he wanted to go to church the next day and he did! Actually he was the FIRST person to show up. That's on of the coolest things I've seen. We've been teaching him for about 2 weeks now, and hes gonna get baptized June 18th! The last lesson we had with him was about the Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson we asked him if we could kneel for the final prayer and asked if he could say it. Normally we ask the people we are teaching to pray that night for an answer from God to see if all of this stuff was true. BUT this time I felt like he should ask at that moment. So.. he prayed like he normally would've but this time he prayed, and sat there for a moment with his eyes closed. Silence........ then he lifted his head, and with tears in his eyes asked, "why do I have to wait for June 18th?" Its good to be a missionary I'll say that.

So as for activities! We went to the beach like I mentioned before but this time I have my pictures! And yesterday we went up into the jungle and UP a river to a waterfall! There were places where we had to scale a small cliff, walk through knee deep water (doesn't count as swimming) but we made it to 2 waterfalls where I took a shower under it :) VERY VERY FUN. I took a bunch of pictures and videos, but the videos are WAY big so you'll just have to see them when my mother, who has a blog for my mission apparently, uploads them! Oh also I caught an iguana in this dudes backyard!! Good stuff :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment