Monday, January 11, 2016

Another Week Another Rainstorm!

SO this week on Elder Larkin's mission, I don't even know where to begin! I don't have a lot to say I'm gonna be honest. We've been working very very hard and it's been a big blur. As for my week it's been A LOT of work. We have gotten like 10 lesson days and like 6 new investigators and a bunch of stuff! It's NUTS. We haven't gotten the chance to teach Aneuris this week, for some reason every time we pass by nobody is there! Who knows! We do have a troublesome investigator though. Her name is Zamira, and she came to church every Sunday, read every day, and did all of it, except pray. Prayer is the one thing we HAVE to do. Without prayer we will not be able to find out the truth of anything! It's the only way we have direct communication to our Heavenly Father. So Zamira was doing everything but praying right? So when we started focusing on prayer, she got all closed off you could say. We don't really know. She has something against praying and we don't know what it is and we don't know how to help her. Shes been very difficult in the last week and She is refusing to do anything now. It's rough to watch unfold. After a while of this we might have to drop her as an investigator. We can't be wasting our time on someone who has a hard heart and refuses to change. :( 

So one funny thing that happened. A few days ago I had to wash my clothes right? So I had it all done at like 12 (and left it to dry). Then at 2 we left and as we were walking away, because we don't come back till like 9:30, I thought, "man I hope it doesn't rain today, or change really quickly and rain later tonight!" At that time it was very hot and very sunny. And at about 8, when we were wrapping up for the day, it starts to POUR... And I'm just like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I jinxed myself! haha. My clothes were soaking wet, and I was just like "forget it man, I'll just try again tomorrow...". I had to sleep with the little blanket I got from the Airplane. Good thing I still have it! But now I have clean clothes to wear! haha.

We have been working very hard over here and it's really paying off! I am LOVING it over here and my language is coming along great! I understand most of what people are saying now, but I don't know how to put what I am thinking (in English), into Spanish and then say it out loud yet! Haha it's a little frustrating but it's coming along! I can hold a basic conversation about whatever, it's just that I don't really know all the words or rules yet :)

Anyways! All of you are awesome! Hope you have a good week! 
Also send me some pictures of what everyone is up to! It's really a treat to see :)

Con Amor,
Elder Bryson Larkin



(slept with only my blanket from the airplane)
(wet laundry on the line 'cause it rained, which means no clean clothes or bedding. meh.)


No comments:

Post a Comment