Monday, December 14, 2015

Hard Stuff

So this week we had 4 baptisms drop. I recall Elder Empey saying as we walked home Friday night, "well I can surely say that in the 15 months I've been here this day has been the worst." Rafaelina and Orfelina, the twins, can't be baptized this Saturday. Not because their mother says no, luckily. She just wants to be here for the baptism! The only problem is that she lives in Brooklyn! Shes coming back in January so hopefully I'll be able to baptize them then! If not they will have to be baptized in the US! They are moving there after their mom comes. It sucks because they are literally the best investigators ever! Most people in this country who are members have read the Book of Mormon once or twice in all the years they've been members. Rafaelina has already read the BofM and shes only had it for 3 months!! Here that's absolutely insane! But in good news, we ARE having 2 baptisms! I'm baptizing Frabel, the awesome 18 yr old who all he wants, is to be a member, and Empey is baptizing Christopher. It's going to be an awesome event and this is my first person I get to baptize! I'm really excited. I know what the gospel has done for me in my life and I cannot wait to share it with everyone I can here.

Anyways, I'm still having the time of my life, and I couldn't ask for a better calling. :) I hope all of you have an awesome holiday season!

Reply to Mom's email:  Who has the nicest house ever? Heavenly Father of course! Not us that is for sure! We live with the 2 other missionaries in the same house. NO we do not have hot water. And MOSTLY we have electricity haha. It goes away halfway through the morning and halfway through the evening, but good ole Dominicans have 2 car batteries strapped into the power lines so when the power goes out the batteries kick in. Probably SUPER dangerous but they work! Anyways! Love you guys so so much and I hope you guys have an amazing Christmas! I emailed dad about the Skyping so make sure that happens! LOL.

Love you!


Your son who is on a mission in the Dominican Republic, Bryson

Also,  Click {HERE} to watch the "Fruity Pebbles Rap".  P-Day shinanigans! 
-------

More P-Day Shinanigans
Pedro Brand Area 1


No comments:

Post a Comment