Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 5

Some thoughts have been floating through my head the last few days. This Sunday in sacrament meeting we had a senior couple speak. Hermana Keisker was talking about Christ and some thoughts came to my head. I had this conversation with Dad once too! To fully atone for the sins of the world, Christ had to be completely alone. The Father, the one who is ALWAYS there, the most powerful being in all the Universe, had to withdraw and leave his Only Begotten. Crying out in agony in Gethsemane, Christ begged his father not to forsake him. "Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." or "Dad, I know you can do anything, but please don’t make me do this, don’t leave me to suffer alone." And upon the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" In that moment, Christ was alone. I thank God that we will never have to do that.

Another thing I was thinking about was singing. Two Hermana's sang 'I Know That My Redeemer Lives.' It was beautiful and the spirit permeated the room. Singing is DEFINITELY one of the things I'm going to look for in a wife! Like...dang.

I find joy in singing and hearing the hymns of the Lord. I have been told, and I believe it, that singing brings the Spirit faster than anything. I'll definitely do that with my investigators.

So last week on Friday we went out on splits with the missionaries in the field. I went with Elder Ramos who had been out for 23 months so it was pretty awesome! He's from Honduras but surprisingly he spoke perfect English and that was a big help. We taught a family that had recently been baptized so we taught them about the temple and then we went with them there! It was a really weird day as a missionary I was told because we basically only did that, and then got stuck with ward work. Nevertheless it was a really good experience!

This is my last week in the MTC!! It’s been so long yet so short! I don’t know how to explain it. It really is a giant blur. We leave on Tuesday! Unfortunately, my mission's P-Day is on Monday soooo I probably won’t be able to email for like a week and a half! Oh also... I’m technically an illegal here... soooo we are going to the immigration office tomorrow so I don’t get deported! Yay!!


Ps.  NOOOOOOO they did NOT like the bouillon prank!!! They'll never know who did it though!! HAHA My spanish is coming along great! Its crazy to look back to what I knew before! (like nothing)












E-mailing home on P-Day!
(awesome haircut from last week)
pic submitted by Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment